Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A True Friend


How do you determine a true friend?
Old cliché says one who’s there til the end
I say a true friend is one who God engraved in your heart
Where not even you know how they became a part.

Subconsciously we tend to choose our own friends
Then God may stamp his approval to declare friendship begin
God is a God who does not make mistakes
He can show us the ins and outs of what a true friendship takes.

When you can look in your heart, find a smile they left there
Search back in your mind to find an encouraging word they shared
This may be a sign you’ve found yourself a friend
For that void that was there has been filled from within.

That individual then fills a space in your heart
No matter what, they will always be a part
They don’t begin to judge nor guess at who you are
But grow with you and encourage you to reach for the stars.

Friends have your back; they stand by your side
In a true friend you can always confide
You can bring them your troubles and your many cares
A true friend is one who your secrets they‘ll never share.

They will hold you in the utmost respect
Whenever something’s wrong a true friend can detect
Sure, friends are not perfect; they’re not suppose to be
But I choose mine carefully for I’m giving them part of me.

True friends are treasures, gifts that don’t grow old
One who has a love that doesn’t wax cold
A beautiful treasure that is so very rare
Even out of one’s presence the friendship’s still there.

Dear God choose for me my friends; as my life is not my own
If you don’t approve, I’m not afraid to walk alone
For friend is a word that has a lot in there
Truly it’s a title many just can’t wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment